In this day & age, making a death announcement to close friends & family is as easy as making a Facebook update, a Tweet, Whatsapp group message, emails, or a few phone calls without much cost. But to extend the reach beyond your circle of network, that is where the traditional local press media comes in. For their service (it’s not always cheap), readers expect the announcements to be verified, accurate and published on a timely manner.
The following are useful news sites I found to help those looking for death notices (i.e. obituaries, in memoriams, requiems, condolences) published in Malaysia.
- New Straits Times (Paid service: individual newspaper page extraction)
- The Star (Paid service: individual newspaper page extraction)
- PressDisplay.com (Paid service: various newspapers in Malaysia with 90 days & below archives)
- E-Browse (Paid service: various newspapers in Malaysia with 90 days & below archives)
- The Borneo Post (Free online view of all death notices under Classifieds section)
- Star Cherish (Free online version of death notices by The Star)
Or, alternatively search for death notices here on death.my.